Woodwalk

Woodwalk
Path to My World

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Last Journey with Viktor Schreckengost

I conceptualized, chose the artwork and worked on a committee to create the current Viktor Schreckengost exhibit at Historic Sites in Kirtland, Ohio, running from January 12, 2007 to April 19, 2008. The exhibit is entitled All Creatures Great and Small: Animal Artwork of Viktor Schreckengost. He attended the opening of the event, with his wife, Gene, and several family members. He was animated and happy throughout the evening, especially enjoying the children at the exhibit. As it turned out, this was his last public appearance. He died less than three weeks later, on January 26, 2008. To have walked the last mile of his journey with him was an important part of my own life's journey. I attended his funeral the following week and left with a determination to explore and expand my own gifts, to try to leave the world a happier place because I was here.

No comments: